A variety of home improvement apps exist for Apple devices like the iPad, iPhone and iPod. Here are six that assist with home maintenance and improvement:
- ColorSnap by Sherwin-Williams—Snap of photo of anything in your home, like your kitchen curtains, and this free app will offer a color-matched Sherwin-Williams paint. Another feature brings up coordinating colors.
- CALCS—For only $2.99, this app has more than 115 calculations you’ll need for home improvement projects, like determining quantities of asphalt or mulch.
- Ruler 2—Spend 99 cents and you’ll always have a ruler or tape measure at-hand. Drag a pointer along the length of an object and Ruler 2 provides you with the length.
- iHandy Carpenter—Looking for a digital toolkit that turns your device into a level, steel protractor, ruler or plumb bob? IHandy Carpenter is the app you need and costs only $1.99.
- Dream Home—Dream Home puts design ideas for remodeling projects in your hand. It’s loaded with hundreds of magazine concepts, but costs a fraction of the price at $1.99.
- I.D. Wood—At $4.99, I.D. Wood is the most expensive app on our list, but helps you understand 160 species of wood, including pictures and tips for working with various types.
Leave a Reply